T-Mobile Slovakia SDP
Service Delivery Platform at T-Mobile Slovakia
Like all mobile operators, T-Mobile Slovakia faces the continuing challenge of adapting their network and services to meet the ever changing needs of the market and the regulator. T-Mobile Slovakia identified the need for a adaptable platform to enable them to easily develop and flexibly integrate new applications into their network infrastructure. For this, they selected OpenCloud Rhino as their Next Generation Application Server (NGAS).
The first two services implemented on the platform are:
- An emergency calls handling system: OpenCloud’s Rhino platform enables in T-Mobile Slovakia to handle Mobile Emergency Calls directly on their MSC’s, forwarding them on to respective emergency authority. In real-time, and therefore available for immediate query and access, the system records the time of the call and the caller’s number, establishes the caller’s location and personal information from T-Mobile’s IT systems using SOAP over HTTP. The solution also maintains A-party numbers database snapshots to deal with the movement of MSISDNs and subscribers over time.
- A real-time charging protocol conversion capability to enable real-time charging of users accessing content from their content system: T-Mobile Slovakia GPRS and UMTS users are able to access a range of content. Two systems needed to be involved in the delivery, however one uses the GPRS Tunnelling Protocol GTP’, and the other uses the RADIUS protocol. OpenCloud’s Rhino provides a resilient, real-time GTP’ to Radius protocol conversion capability which enables these two systems to interwork correctly.
In both cases, the services make use of some of the key characteristics of the OpenCloud Rhino platform, namely:
- Connectivity to a large range of network and IT equipment
- Low latency, real-time capabilities
- Telecoms network-grade “High Availability” – 99.999% availability including upgrades, provided by an N-way active-active, symmetric, software fault tolerance architecture.